Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

This is what I've been...

05 January 2011

doing...

Packing away Christmas for another year.

reading...
Spaces (a Christmas present to myself, bought from lark). Loving it.

Just My Type - a great book about Typography which was a gift from a friend who knows me too well.
You'd have to be a graphic designer or be really into type (ticks both boxes for me) to enjoy this book. It's actually quite a humourous read... not dry at all. Loving it too.

making...
 New covers for some lounge cushions and I finished a big crocheted floor cushion which has been in the works for a while. I'm so proud of myself that 2010 was the year that I finally learned to crochet! 

wearing...
A big chunky bracelet that Roxy made me for Christmas... something only a mother could love!! I do love it though, and I received it on Christmas Eve because Roxy just couldn't wait one more day to give it to me.
And a sweet little brooch from a lovely friend, which came from Tabitha Emma's Etsy shop. My surprise package also included some beautiful fabric.  

revamping...
 A lamp I bought from Vinnies for $20. I covered a shade I got on sale for $15 and now I have a fab new lamp for the lounge room. I'll show you some better photos soon as I'm after your opinion on whether to retain the timber and ceramic combo for the base or whether to paint over it.

 A fantastic '50s/'60's cabinet to store DVDs and house our TV. It was exactly what I was after so I was thrilled to find it for $80. I'm halfway done revamping it, so for now all you get to see is the 'before' shot.


An old standard lamp a friend found by the roadside for me, which still works. I painted it white and added an oversized globe. Then I got a beautiful old lightshade and stripped off the fabric to reveal the gorgeous sculptural wire skeleton which I painted. Now I have a fabulous bedside lamp that cost next to nothing.

Two glass mineral water bottles which I painted (on the inside)... the cheapest vases ever! The small olive green vase was a bargain buy from Freedom for $7. You've also got a sneak peek of the TV cabinet in this photo too.

celebrating...

My beautiful girl's 7th birthday.


 So that's me so far for 2011. What have you been up to?
.
.