Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

hello!

29 July 2010

Hello lovelies! How are you? Gosh, it's been over a month since I've posted, my little blogiday was somewhat protracted wasn't it. I've missed you and missed being here at my blog, but I'm back now, and will be posting regularly again.

It's a wee bit nippy here and we're all battling colds in our house, but It's lovely snuggling weather. Here's a bit of a glimpse of what's been happening at chez red thread.



I finally, finally learnt to crochet! Can you believe it?! After wanting to master this craft for so long I can now confidently say "I can crochet".  I took a class a few weeks ago with Sarah London and now there's no stopping me.


I've been making lots of yummy soup and I recovered our dining chairs (the photo above shows the new look chairs and the link is to their previous incarnation).

This tomato soup is so delicious and so easy.... I just made it up as I went along and I'm not shy to say that it's one of the best I've tasted. Sometimes simple is best.
Here's what you do:
Cut a whole heap of Roma tomatoes (I think I used a couple of dozen) in half and arrange them cut side up on baking trays.
Drizzle lightly with olive oil and sprinkle a small amount crushed garlic over the top.
Slow roast the tomatoes for about 3 hours on a low temperature. They're cooked when they are softened and slightly browned.
Put them in a saucepan and cover with vege or chicken stock and bring to the boil.
Whiz it up in the blender, making sure that it remains slightly chunky.
Serve with a dollop of Greek yoghurt and freshly chopped basil leaves.
mmmmm.....


Lots of reorganising at home, including sorting out shelves.


And here's a sneak peek into my pantry. To my surprise I found Roxy there the other day, playing games on my iPhone in the dark. I recently changed the passcode on my phone so I'd have some control over when she uses it... but she figured out that if she can get hold of it after I've made a call it will be unlocked. And if she hides in the pantry she'll have more game time before I tell her to stop. Bonus points for smarts!

I hope you're still out there and the silence hasn't driven you away. See you tomorrow!

xx
Lisa