Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Inspiration :: Cloth

23 July 2009

Our dining chairs had serious problems, they were starting to come apart at the joints and some were quite unstable. They belong to a 1930's dining table and were pretty much in original condition. I had covered them some time ago in an Amy Butler print and they were overdue for an update.

When Cloth had a recent sale I was excited to score some lovely fabric, so last week we had the chairs all put back together and reupholstered professionally. It took some convincing to get the upholsterer to understand that I wanted the pattern on each of the chairs to be different. I am sooo happy with the result. What do you think?

There are 6 chairs and it seems from my photos that I shot one chair twice and left one out completely. Doh.


The fabric design is called 'Wattle'. I also have some other lovely pieces of Cloth fabric in various designs, including the Wattle in another colour way - I'm still deciding how to use them.


Image Source: Cloth

Everything by this small Sydney company is screen printed in limited runs onto hemp and linen. Julie Paterson, the owner and designer, is inspired by the Australian landscape, and all these features come together to give her fabrics a wonderful and distinctive character.
.