Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Styling with Vintage Australiana Linens

09 September 2009

Lucky me received a fabulous gift from my friend Jude last week - a wonderful vintage linen tablecloth. (My apologies that I didn't iron it for the photo, but hey, who has time for that?)


I love it so much and it's too fab to use for its intended purpose, so I'm going to have it framed, because it really is a work of art isn't it?

This reminded me of Suzie Stanford's wonderful use of vintage Australiana tea towels for upholstering chairs.



Image Source: Suzie Standford

I love the idea of giving these colourful examples of kitsch Australiana a new life. I have childhood memories of my Nanna and Mum using tea towels like this that were the gift of choice from friends who travelled.
.