Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Shane Waltener's Crochet Cobwebs

08 September 2009

We're bombarded by so may images these days, so it's not often that something makes me gasp out loud. But Shane Waltener's installation called 'Auntie Peggy Has Departed' had exactly that effect on me.


Shane's mercerised cotton doily cobwebs were an installation piece in Aldwych Tube station in London. Aren't they so magical! They really do take my breath away. I love the decaying old interior contrasted with the delicate white handcrafted doily webs.

I intended to show you more of Shane's cobwebs, but by adding more images here I felt it detracted from the impact of these beauties. Visit Shane's website to see his other amazingly beautiful work like the Chihuly Doily, the Showroom Doily and the breathtaking A Worldwide Web.
.