Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Bjork :: Beautiful

01 July 2009

I'm not particularly a fan of Bjork's music, but I'm absolutely an admirer of her kooky, out-there, individuality.

Image Source: Top image: Nonesuch records,
Bottom images: Bjork.com

When I was browsing the art & design section of the New York Times website last night I saw a pop-up ad for Voltaic, Bjork's upcoming release. I was instantly drawn to the graphic design - I really love the fabulous typography, colours and stylised graphics for the album/DVD box set and the Volta tour poster.

After doing a bit of looking around I discovered that the design is the work of Parisian duo Michael Amzalag and Mathias Augustyniak of M/M. They've collaborated with Bjork and photographers Inez van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin for the past decade on almost every piece of Bjork's visual identity from record packaging to posters, videos, books and imagery.

Image Source: Interview

These absolutely breathtaking images of Bjork were taken for Interview magazine by Inez van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin (of course). I love that they are so classic and totally different to Bjork's usual style, but they still have an edginess to them. You can read the accompanying interview M/M did with Bjork here.

To find out more about the M/M design partnership there is an interview with them on the Design Museum website here.
.