Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

I *heart* Fridays: I *heart* the Once-A-Year Book

22 August 2008

I was very excited to receive my Once-A-Year Book order from Kasia at Laikonik yesterday. Kasia is a Polish born artist who draws her inspiration from the folk art traditions of her homeland. Kasia is passionate about recording things about her life and her children's lives, which led her to create the Once-A-Year Book.

It's a wonderful idea for those of us who are time-poor (isn't that all of us these days?), the concertina book has room for one photo and one page of notes for each year of your child's life until the age of 18. Surely I can manage that?! It even comes with a little inspiration/instruction booklet with ideas to get you started.

The book itself is beautifully handmade and comes in a hand-stitched felt bag. Kasia has a range of colours and cover designs to choose from, so check them out on the Laikonik website.

I love Roxy's book and intend to give it to her on her 21st birthday, until then I'll keep it a secret so it's a surprise for her. I wish I had one of my childhood - what a wonderful treasure to have!

-----------------------------------------------------------------