Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Make your own fabric tape

21 May 2010

This week there was a tutorial on Annekata (which I found via the lovely Maya) showing you how to make your own fabric paper tape. It's such a wonderful idea and a great tutorial, but it was quite involved and it inspired me to make my own fabric tape in a similar but much simpler way.


All you need is double sided tape and fabric.

Stick a length of tape onto the back of your fabric and rub it down so it's firmly attached to the tape. (I didn't bother cutting the fabric first, I just stuck the tape along the edge of a large piece of fabric). Trim the fabric along the sides of the tape... and you're done! So simple and quick, and the tape is so much fun. When you're ready to use it just peel off the backing.


Visit Annekata to see where my inspiration came from, and take a look at Maya's beautiful tape, and you'll also find they have gorgeous blogs.


What are you up to this weekend? I have recently increased my fabric stash and intend to reorganise and relocate all my fabric tomorrow. I'd also like to make a start on sewing some Ooshkas. I'll be having a stall at Handmade Market in Canberra on Saturday 5th June and need to get sewing in preparation.

Whatever you're up to, enjoy!

x
Lisa