Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Getting Crafty

22 April 2009

I am the excited owner of two recently released craft books - both very different to each other. I finally visited Borders over the weekend to buy Meet Me at Mike's: 26 Fun and Crafty Projects, and my copy of Martha Stewart's Encyclopedia of Crafts arrived in the mail last week from the Book Depository. (Thanks to Belinda for the tip about the Book Depository which has free international shipping. Yippee!)


The Meet Me at Mike's book is full of contemporary craft projects (mostly sewing) by Australian designer/makers, and the book itself is sooo gorgeously designed by Simone Elder of Ortolan. There are lots of things I can't wait to make. Pip from Mike's has created a flickr group where you can see projects people have made from her book.


As you would expect, Martha's book is a fantastic resource for techniques and ideas for a huge range of different crafts. Very elegant. Very Martha!


Have a look here for an etsy interview with Marcie McGoldrick of Martha Stewart craft dept about the book and her immensely covetable job.

I have already organised myself with some linen and embroidery thread for our next Brown Owls meeting, so unless I miraculously end up with some spare time I'll have to be content with leafing through my new books until I can try out some of the projects I've bookmarked. Do you have either of these books? Have you made anything from them?

.