Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Brown Owls Meeting

12 March 2009


On Thursday night we had our first Brown Owls meeting. I blogged about the Owls and my preparation for the meeting here.

10 of us made it on the night and we had a wonderful time being creative, laughing, snacking and chatting about everything from crafting (of course) to travel, shops and supplies, home life, and wedding dresses (we had a bride-to-be in our group).

Bell and Amy made more than 20 'restash a crafter' kits for the victims of the Victorian bushfires and Jess brought homemade cakes to share. We all got crafting with owl craft kits or with our own projects. And we made lots of plans for future get togethers.


I think the thing that I was most looking forward to was the sense of sharing and community, and I wasn't disappointed. There's something wonderful and restorative about sharing time and energy with a wonderful group of like-minded women. Yay for the Brown Owls!