Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Home :: Stool Before & After

08 August 2012

I've had this mid century stool for some time and used to take it to markets as a prop. I originally found it by the side of the road and I used some fun tape measure fabric and a staple gun to give it a new lease of life.


Since we've moved I've been in need of a bedside table so I dragged the stool out of my garage and gave it another makeover.


I had a bag of scraps that I bought from Skinny laMinx and as they mostly were literally scraps - long thin strips - I wasn't sure what I could use them for. They are lovely screen printed fabrics in gorgeous colours so I decided to make a mini strip quilt from them to cover the stool. After making the mini quilt I simply laid it over the top of the stool, folded over the edges and caught the corners with a few hand stitches. The quilt isn't attached to the stool and I like the way the top of the stool now looks thicker and more substantial. I love the way it turned out. I'm happy to have been able to repurpose my repurposed stool! Do you do that too?