Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LOVING :: Emily Winfield Martin

14 June 2012

I'm a long time fan of Emily Winfield Martin's and I'm totally smitten with her new series of portraits. They are, in Emily's words:
Flower portraits, meaning portraits of girls/ladies with flowers, but also loose personifications of the flower itself (or what I imagine my favorite flowers might be as a human girl.) These are inspired mostly by my own flower garden and my mother's garden, pretty girls, WPA/1930's & 40's oil portraits I admire, and though the execution is different, the idea surely has something to do with C.M. Barker's Flower Fairies, which I've loved all my life.




Images: Emily Winfield Martin

You can see Emily's works in progress on her blog, The Black Apple, and purchase her previous work from her Etsy shop.