Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Inspiration :: Natural Dyes

03 May 2011

Have you ever experimented with using natural dyes? You can achieve some beautiful rich colours and have lots of fun trying things out.

My friend Kasia from Laikonik painted these paper lights with vegetable dyes. They're beautiful aren't they?

Image Source: Laikonik

 Martha Stewart's blog featured these glorious coloured eggs for Easter.

Image Source: The Crafts Dept

A couple of years ago I tried my hand at dying goose eggs with natural dyes and then I painted my designs in white. I was aiming for soft colours, but Martha's inspired me with her rich dense palette.


Margie at Resurrection Fern is constantly creating amazing art and craft based on her love of and interaction with nature, so it's no surprise she often experiments with natural dyes. She has even started a dyeing journal to document it. So lovely.

Image Source: Resurrection Fern
 Are you inspired? Have you ever tried this? Wouldn't it be a lovely rainy day activity with kids using spices, fruit and vegies from your kitchen or garden and scraps of fabric, twine, paper, etc.
.