Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Attempting to quilt

28 April 2011

I've been telling Roxy for ages that I am going to make a quilt for her bed, and on the long Easter weekend I finally made a start.


My finished block is a bit wonky - not all the squares line up - and it still needs a good press, but I'm happy with how it turned out. At least it will have a handmade feel. I keep telling myself to embrace the wonky and let go of perfectionism. I wanted to do a heart and the way I designed it means that my finished quilt block measures 16 inches. As far as I know (and I know nothing about quilting) blocks are supposed to measure 12 inches? Not to worry! 



So that's one down and 23 to go! Then I have to figure out backing, binding and lots of other things I know even less about. Ask me in a year if it's finished...
.