Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

A new product range for the red thread?

08 February 2011

I'm so excited to have finally had some of my designs laser cut from timber. I've been wanting to do it for the longest time. When I was pondering what wedding gift to give to the couple who has everything I decided to create a monogram of their initials and have it cut out of timber.


The monogram measures 62 cm (2 feet) wide - so it's something substantial and sculptural that the newlyweds can hang on their wall or stand on a shelf.

While I was at it I modified some elements from my existing fabric designs and voila! The smaller birds and flowers will be brooches and I'll create a mobile with the large birds.


I love my deer the most - he's about 36 cm (14 inches) tall and I think he'd make a lovely decoration in a nursery... or in my office!

What do you think? Last year I was aiming to reduce the number of different products I sell and focus on my fabric design and sewing patterns and kits... and now I'm not so sure. Of course now my head is exploding with all the new products I want to make!

Edit: Thanks for your comments and lots of emails. OK, I'll do it! It will be a few weeks before I have stock made... there'll be a deer and a fox (anonymous I have a page of fox sketches I've been working on already!), and perhaps one more critter. If you have any requests let me know and I'll see what I come up with. But I'm over owls, so please don't ask ;)

.