Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Handmade Canberra

07 April 2010

Now where has this week gone! Last week seemed to fly by, but this week... wow. The 4 day Easter break led straight into the school holidays and it's Thursday again already.

Almost 2 weeks ago now I went to Canberra for the day to visit Handmade Market, which I'd heard great things about. It was fantastic - lots of lovely things for sale and heaps of people enjoying a beautiful autumnal day out. My camera wasn't really playing nice that day (or perhaps it's just that I've never looked at the manual for my lovely DSLR. Note to self: read the manual!!), so a lot of my photos aren't worth showing. I met lots of lovely women selling their fabulous wares and caught up with some friends who'd driven down for the day to have a stall.

Images via: Trove and Paperklip

Lovely gals Brooke from Trove, with her stunning jewellery, and Mel from Paperklip, with paper goodies, were there.


Image on right via: Retro Mummy

I finally met the effervescent Jennie of Posie Patchwork who had a huge stall with all sorts of handmade goodies.

Corrie aka Retro Mummy makes the sweetest little girls' dresses and sells awesome fabrics.

Image on right via: Third Bird

Sarah from Gifts Created was there with her fab softies. Sarah always has the most fantastic display including a lifesized felt tree!

And I discovered the lovely textiles of Third Bird.


Love this sweet plate by Ensparkle.

I was very tempted by these big bright necklaces from Six in a Row (no website/link).


There were many more lovely things I could easily have spent my money on - you can see a list of designers on the Handmade website. The next Handmade Market is on 5th June. Fingers crossed that my application is accepted, and I'll be there with a stall of my own. If not, I might just make a day of it again and go shopping.
.