Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

One artist or two?

09 February 2010

I love seeing collaborations between artists. I find it intriguing to see what two people can create together when they combine their strengths. So it was with anticipation that I followed Mitsy's blog Art Mind in the last few months of 2009 after she announced a secret collaboration with another Etsy seller.

Mitsy is a ceramicist from Belgium and her partner in collaboration is Anna (aka Lila Ruby King), a jewellery designer from Greece. Mitsy and Anna share a love of texture and nature, which is obvious when you see their work. I love the minimalist approach they've taken with form and colour and the combination of the porcelain, metal and tiny touches of red thread.


The jewellery is being sold through Anna's Etsy shop, and new pieces will be released at the beginning of each month. It seems like this was a very successful coming together of two talented and like-minded women and it will be interesting to see how their work together evolves with each monthly release.

Image Source: Lila Ruby King

The images above aren't a part of the collaboration - they're just things I saw in Anna's shop that caught my eye.

I've blogged about Mitsy's Mini Art Feelings before, and she has a lot more lovely goodies here on Etsy. Her blog is also a wonderful insight into her creative process and it's full of great tutorials. Mitsy is the tutorial queen! And I have to mention the Babette blanket she recently finished... if you've been visiting me here for any length of time you'll know that I have crochet envy.

Image Source: Art Mind


I've often thought about what sort of collaboration I could do with another designer or artist, but as yet I haven't done anything about it. Have you ever collaborated with someone? Is it something you'd like to do?
.