Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

a new year

02 January 2010


Here we are in 2010, and my wish is simple: for health and happiness.

I have lots of plans, goals and dreams for the year ahead, but more than anything this year I need to focus on my own health and wellbeing. Over recent years it's been so easy for me to lose myself in all the things that I am to other people - both personally and professionally - and it's time for me to reclaim something for myself. For women, and particularly for mothers, I'm sure that's a common theme.

I'm not talking dramatic life changing resolutions that began when I woke up yesterday, but rather more sustainable lifestyle changes that will lead me down the path to my destination.

If I had to give that destination a name it would be 'balance'.

My life feels out of whack and my health is suffering. If I'm really going to put myself out there... and I'm hesitating... my weight has become a major issue and it's something that I absolutely need to address as it impacts all areas of my life. Again, this is about balance not cabbage soup diets (not that I'm ever that extreme!).

How about you? Can you relate to any of that? What are your plans for this year? Do you make resolutions, or like me are you taking stock and planing new paths rather than instant dramatic changes?

Whatever you wish for, I hope twenty ten is all that and more.

xx
Lisa