Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

See you at the show?

17 August 2009

If you're in Sydney this week please come and visit me at The Stitches and Craft Show. I'm sure by now you're absolutely sick of me going on and on about it... but it's going to be great, and I'd love to see you there. I'm off tomorrow to set everything up, and the Show opens on Wednesday morning.

You'll find me in good company with other crafters and makers in the incubator section which is on level 4. You can check out the list of retailers here. There's also lots of interesting demos and hands on workshops as well as fashion parades, daily screenings of Handmade Nation, and a children's craft area. Entry is only $10, and the show is on from Wednesday to Sunday 10am - 5pm at Rosehill Gardens. Here are some directions for getting there.

I did a mock set up of my stand yesterday and I'm pleased with how everything is coming together. And I made some little things using the hand printed panels I'll be selling.


Below are some other panels which I had digitally printed. I really had fun making the doll - I didn't have a pattern, but just made it up as I went along (which explains her extra long arms!). I think it's important when you're selling things like this to give people ideas on how they can use them.


The lovely Marina from Wink Designs has been helping me out with sewing some early Sweetie Petite prototypes, writing the instructions for the kits and sewing the appliqued cushions (above) for me. Make sure you take a look at Marina's Etsy shop - she makes some lovely things and is absolutely meticulous with her sewing. Thanks Marina!

I'm not sure how I'll go with blogging for the rest of the week, but I'm hoping to manage a Show update or 2. I know there'll be lots of wonderful things to blog about.

See you there?
.