Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Enjoy your Weekend

31 July 2009

This is going to be a busy one for me - I've got so much work to get done.

But I will be putting a bit of time aside to read my newly acquired copy of UPPERCASE magazine issue 1. Isn't the cover illustration by Blanca Gomez fantastic?! After receiving issue 2 and being majorly disappointed that issue 1 was sold out I struck upon the idea of contacting the only Australian seller, Magnation, to see if they had any copies. I'm not sure why I didn't think of that earlier. Turns out they had four! They were super fast in sending my order and couldn't have been nicer on the phone.



The only bummer - and it's a big one - is that it was a 'shelf' copy, so it had a dirty big price sticker on it. Despite my very careful removal of the sticker a chunk of the lovely matt cover came away with it... see in the top right hand corner? My copy of the first issue of this limited print run collectible magazine is now ruined (in my eyes at least). I contacted Magnation about the sticker issue, and of course they were lovely and very apologetic. They told me that if I was to subscribe through them I'd get a subscription copy sans the price sticker. Here's a tip: It's too late for me cos I subscribed direct with UPPERCASE, but if you're in Australia and thinking of subscribing to this fab mag do it through Magnation because it's considerably cheaper (no international postage).

What have you got planned for the weekend? Whatever it is I hope you have lots of fun. See you Monday.

x
Lisa