Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Children's Book Illustration: Butterflies in my Stomach

27 March 2009


I'm enjoying visiting my daughter's school library with her and we usually borrow as many books for me as for her because so many are beautifully written and illustrated. Butterflies in my Stomach and Other School Hazards by Serge Bloch is one I borrowed last week. I admire artists who can draw with such economy of line, and the combination of simple illustrations and photos is gorgeous. On top of that, it's a funny book too - I'm hoping the images aren't too small and that you can read the text.



Edit: OK, so maybe you can't read the text (or it could just be my tired eyes). From top right going clockwise they read:
As I left the house Dad told me to put my best foot forward.
She said she could tell that school wasn't really my cup of tea.
And then he said he was all ears whenever I was ready to come out of my shell.
Too sweet huh?


I'm signing off for the weekend now. Have a wonderful weekend, see you Monday.
Lisa
x