Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Vintage Florals

14 January 2009


I've added to my collection of vintage tablecloths with these lovelies which I picked up for between $2 and $5 each. There's something about vintage florals... we are repainting the inside of our house soon and I'm considering painting and/or stenciling some retro floral motif on one of our bedroom walls. I have Lena Corwin's book Printing By Hand, and Lotta Prints by Lotta Jansdotter, which are great inspiration for this potential project.

I'd really love to use Orla Kiely's teal Flower Blossom wallpaper (below), but I can't seem to get hold of it here in Australia. I'm looking into it and I'm still pondering what to do. I need to do some more research on wallpapers, but I am so smitten by this one that I can't get past it. Do you have any ideas or inspiration on painting/stenciling walls or links to cool wallpaper you'd like to share? I'll post again on this topic when I have some inspiration images to show.

Image source (this image): Orla Kiely

Update: Thanks to Barb who reminded me (in her comment on this post) of this fabulous use of the wallpaper in Anna of Door Sixteen's vestibule.

Image Source: Door Sixteen