Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Typography + Music = Portraits

15 January 2009

Image Source: Radiohead website

The fabulous campaign for the 51st Grammy Awards features these portraits made from type. As I love good typography and I create portraits myself I'm loving these.

Artist Phil Hensen was selected to create this artwork under the banner "Celebrate the Music That Makes Us". The campaign features Thom Yorke (of Radiohead), Coldplay, Lenny Kravitz, Rihanna, Stevie Wonder, Kayne West and Lil Wayne who were asked to nominate artisits and songs that had inspired and influenced them. The song titles were then used to create the portraits of the artists who have, in turn, inspired us.

Here is an animated sequence featuring Stevie Wonder's image for this campaign.

Thanks to my friend David, a huge Radiohead fan, who sent me the link to the band's website where this story appeared.