Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monochromatic Patterns

08 January 2009


Following my post about Charlene Mullen's work earlier this week I was inspired to create some monochromatic patterns. (Some of Charlene's cushions which I didn't show you are stunning in red and white.) If you've seen my previous posts about decorating eggs (here) you won't be surprised that I chose goose eggs to be my canvases.

For the red egg I referenced ancient Greek patterns. The finished result made me think about the strong parallels in art and embellishment of different cultures. When looking at my finished egg I thought that the motifs and design elements could easily be Scandinavian or Eastern European.

I have plans and lots of ideas to decorate and embellish eggs to sell for Easter, but chances are I may not get around to getting it done. Focus, focus, focus!

--------------------------------------------