Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

I *Heart* Fridays: I heart blogs

14 November 2008



Way too much of my time is spent blogging and reading other people's blogs. But I so love it!

Working from home and doing creative stuff it's easy to feel isolated, but the blog world makes me feel totally connected to a vast global creative community. I'm so grateful for that.

I started this blog a few months ago and now this is my 100th post. I can hardly believe it. After a timid start I am now fully into it. I am constantly amazed at the traffic here and sometimes become a bit obsessed with looking at my feedjit (in the right hand column of the blog) and seeing where you, my friends, are. And I've found that you are literally all over the world.

The reason I am amazed is that when I started my blog I was happy if just one of my real world friends told me they'd read a post. So thanks for stopping by here - I really do appreciate it! I've "met" lots of wonderful and helpful new friends and had some great email conversations with them. I've so far not managed to get around to creating a blogroll, so I thought I'd share a few of my faves with you here. I hope you enjoy them too.

And, not to forget... in blogging tradition, in celebration of my 100th post I'll make my next post a give-away.


Some blogs I visit (in no particular order):

grain edit
clog
idtextile
decor8
spoon & tomago
sfgirlbybay
wee birdy
design*sponge
the sartorialist
swissmiss
inspiration resource
secrets of a butterfly
chronicle books
desire to inspire
daily imprint
treehugger
the design files
inchmark
ink and spindle
oh joy!
bloesem
elsa mora
grijs
bodie and fou
hello my name is heather
the dieline
dear ada

I have to admit that I have 280 blogs bookmarked, so this list hardly scratches the surface. Some I visit every day. Others I don't get to visit often (only because there are other things on my to do list), but when I do I have a big catch up and it's like meeting up with an old friend.


I *heart* blogs!!

Happy Friday and thanks for stopping by.

------------------------------------------------------