Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Rainy, grey, windy long weekend

07 October 2008

Here in Sydney it was a pretty dismal long weekend weather-wise. We did manage a couple of walks and I collected some lovely things as inspiration, like this beautiful open seed pod. The diameter of this tiny opened pod is less than 1.5cm.


On Saturday I also managed to paint some more eggs and some bowls which I'm making from ostrich eggs. The brightly coloured ostrich egg isn't really me in terms of colour, but I enjoyed experimenting with it.


On the subject of eggs, one day last week one of our hens could only manage to lay a half size egg... the egg in the back of the photo is a standard size chicken's egg. It can't be easy squeezing out a big egg every day!


I hope you had an enjoyable weekend.

--------------------------------------------------------------------