Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LOVING :: Empirical Style

09 August 2012

In our apartment we have very high ceilings and picture rails, which are perfect for hanging pendant lights. Some of the best around are these cage lights from Empirical Style. I first spotted them when the home of Empirical Style owners Steve and Helena Trupp was featured on The Design Files.

We now have two in our apartment - a yellow one above my desk, and a hot pink and aqua one above Roxy's loft bed.

Top images: The Design Files.
Bottom image of Roxy's room: the red thread.
Empirical Style also sells wonderful vintage wares sourced from all around the globe. I am absolutely in love with this vintage Japanese wooden school locker. Oh how I wish I could afford it! To die for.

Images: Empirical Style

And lovely old botanical prints and maps.

Images: Empirical Style

I have my eye on these gorgeous glass fishing floats. Love them.

Images: Empirical Style
If you're in Melbourne Empirical Style are having a pop up shop which opens August 17th. Check it out at 1114 High Street Armadale. Wish I could visit but I'll have to be content to continue browsing their online shop.

Did you watch Top Design on Channel Nine? Steve of Empirical Style was a contestant and finalist. I loved that show, but I don't think it rated well because the scheduling was so bad and all over the place. Did you watch it? Did you love it too? Do you remember Steve?