Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Inspiration :: Eiko Ishioka

06 May 2012

I took Roxy to the movies yesterday and we saw Mirror Mirror. It was a great movie and for the first time ever I actually liked Julia Roberts... she wasn't playing herself for once. The script was clever and very funny in parts, the casting was spot on, and visually it was fantastic.

The highlight for me was the costume design by the late Eiko Ishioka. The architectural structure of a lot of the garments was truly amazing (but hard to find photos that really show it off), and the saturated colour and incredible detail left me wanting more.








Image source: Mirror Mirror

I'll definitely buy the DVD when it comes out to drink in more of this visual splendour. So amazing.

[apologies for including so many images... I found editing them too hard!]
.
.