Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Alison Lawson Cakes

30 April 2012

The abcd Saturday Soirée post is coming soon... I promise it will be worth the wait. Anni of Milk & Honey Photography did such a wonderful job photographing it for us. In the meantime I just have to show you the amazing Zesty Orange Cake that Alison made for the event [Alison's website is experiencing problems, so you can contact Alison on Facebook in the meantime].


Images: Milk & Honey Photography

I'm not sure what the best thing about it was: how amazing it looked, or how absolutely delicious it tasted. It was so light and moist. I mean seriously, it was the best cake I've ever eaten.

Alison told me that she made a syrup from freshly squeezed oranges and sugar and soaked the cake overnight. The buttercream between each layer was also infused with orange zest, and the outside was covered with white chocolate ganache and a thin layer of fondant. Then Alison painstakingly added all those fondant swirls.

Judging from the empty serving plate and the sounds of all the oohing and ahhing from all present I can safely say that I wasn't alone in my love of this yummy cake. Thanks Alison!
.
.