Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

scenes from the school holidays

20 April 2011

The school holidays are in full swing and we just got back from a few days blissful break away from everything.

We had some friends staying with us last week and we spent the morning in our local park. National Park that is. We live less than 15 kms from the heart of Australia's biggest city and we have a national park just 5 minutes drive from our house. You've gotta love that!


On Monday morning at the crack of dawn (or so it seemed) we headed south to Canberra. It was the most gorgeous autumnal day and after a visit to Shop Handmade we had a picnic lunch by the lake. Then we walked (I walked and Roxy ran!) across to Questacon for a few hours of fun.


Then back in the car to drive to Berry where we'd rented a gorgeous little cottage at Berry Orchard for a few nights. It was the most perfect place for chillaxin' which is exactly what I needed.




The next day, after a leisurely walk to a cafe for brunch and a spot of shopping, Roxy and I spent a lazy afternoon laying on the daybed reading in the sun. My sweet girl is the best! I'm so lucky to have such a great little buddy who just loves to hang out with me.


This morning we met up with a friend that I studied design with at uni and hadn't seen for years. It was lovely to renew our friendship, and for our girls (who are almost the same age) to play together.

We headed home via the coast and stopped in at Kiama for a paddle and a play.


We've only been away a few days, and although I did a lot of driving I had the best time relaxing and recharging.

I hope you're having a great week too!
.