Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Crochet with the Owls

27 August 2010

Last Sunday morning I met up with the lovely Owls for crafting, coffee (tea for me) and a chat. I really enjoyed catching up with the other gals after my lack of attendance at Brown Owls for so long. We were joined by former Brissy Owl Steph, who's now my near neighbour in Sydney. Yay!

I took along my granny squares, but when I saw Manu's breathtaking crochet blanket I fell instantly in love and ditched my plain old grannies.


Amy very patiently taught me how to make a magic ring (and she sent me this link as a refresher) and guided me through the process to create my first Flower Sunburst Granny Square.


This is a different block that Amy whipped up in no time at all:


And lovely Fran was stitching away, embroidering a favourite passage onto floral fabric. Very impressive and gorgeous!


 I just clicked over to Fran's blog to link to it and found this photo of Amy and I engrossed in my crochet... well, I'm engrossed, and Amy's being patient!

image: Miss Alison Regrets

I've organised a craft circle for tonight with some of the mums and teachers from Roxy's school, so I'm looking forward to continuing on with my crochet and spending time with some more lovely women.

What does your weekend look like? I hope you manage some quiet creative time too. Enjoy!

x
Lisa

Edit/update: This is Sarah's version of the sunburst, and here's a link to the pattern she uses. 

image: Sarah London