Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

The Craft Room

14 April 2010

Part 2 of my Notebook news.

Notebook: magazine is starting a series of courses in Sydney called The Craft Room, and I'm excited to be one of the course teachers. I'll be teaching the two hand-printing techniques that appear in this month's issue of Notebook: leaf-printing and printing with hand-carved stamps.


Images of my projects: Notebook
The styling by Mescha Martin and photography of Andrew Lehmann are so lovely.


I'll have lots of reference materials for colour and design, and the class will be suitable for anyone regardless of how much artistic ability you think you don't have! You can achieve some fantastic results with leaf printing and simple rubber stamping, and it's a lot of fun. We'll be printing journals, cards/stationery sets, gift tags, and possibly some other bits and pieces. At the moment there is only one class for hand printing, on Saturday 1st May, so come and join me!

The other courses include sewing (beginner and intermediate), cake decorating, softie making, crochet, embroidery and knitting, with more to come. I'll profile some of the lovely talented ladies who'll be teaching the classes over the next couple of weeks.

I've already signed up for the crochet class with Sarah London... if you're a regular visitor here you'll know how much I love crocheted things and how much I want to be able to master the craft. I'm very excited. I know I could probably learn from a book - and I have bought a few that sit idle on my bookshelf - but where's the fun in that? I love the idea of taking an afternoon out just for me and spending it in a lovely environment with new people, and actually walking away having mastered a new skill.

If you'd like to find out more, check out the timetable and class details. When you click on a class from the list the teacher's photo and a bit about them will come up.

I think it's a wonderful initiative on the part of Notebook. The classes are to be held in Notebook's brand new studios in Alexandria and promise to be fun and a lovely day crafting with like-minded people. Everything will be provided including refreshments, so all you have to do is turn up.

I'd like to give a big shout out to Corrie who has organised The Craft Room. She's such a lovely person and is an absolute dynamo.
.