Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Etsy Shop Local: Sydney

30 April 2009








For today's weekly Etsy search I took a look at local Sydney sellers and found my Top 10 favourite items.


Can you believe this artist, Moofus, is only 12 years old. Night at the Opera is such a fabulous image of our iconic harbourside landmarks.

Here is his bio (which needs to be updated now that he's all of 12):
My name is Milan, I am 11 years old.
I do stuff with skateboards, pizza, pencils, paper and water.

Sometimes, even, at the same time.
I am scared of the dark.

My favourite band is Bloc Party.
I have long brown hair but I still look like a boy.

My favourite clothes are jeans and Vans sneakers.

I am right handed , brown eyed and often hysterical.

Have a look at Milan's Etsy shop - he's definitely one to watch. In his own words:
Welcome to my shop, watch it slowly grow.
Like a WEED. LIKE ME.




How adorable is this 3D tree card complete with a little swing! Spring Has Sprung is a printable PDF consisting of a card/invitation, envelope, gift tags and party favour, available from the wonderfully named Go Make Me. You just purchase the PDF, print it out, cut, fold and glue, and voila!



This looks like something I could enjoy on a lazy day now the weather has turned cool: a handknitted cushion cover in pure Australian wool. Available in baboom's Esty shop.



I love felt and anything small and cute, so it's no surprise I fell for these sweet little Flower and Green Tea Tea bags by Angela of Sydney Angel. Angela makes cookies with sugar sprinkles and little card holders too - all made from felt and all super cute.



An assortment of robots present the alphabet on this simple graphic poster from Creative Neesh.

I've blogged about Plus One's Adorn purses before, but I just couldn't leave them out of my Sydney 10. How can you go past those colours and the beautifully embroidered dandelion.



Anima88 is a brand new Esty seller who just opened her shop this week. This lovely tranquil image is called In White.



Elwin The Forrest Sprite made me smile when I saw him. He is described like this:
To call Elwin mischievous would be an understatement.
His favourite tricks to play on people are:

1.hiding your keys, wallet or phone
2.hiding socks so you can never find a pair that match

3.putting huge amounts of salt in your breakfast cereal
He does these things for a bit of a laugh and he is so endearing that you often find yourself laughing along with him. Elwin also loves boardgames and is always up for a challenge. He doesn't like monopoly because he says it brings out the worst in him but absolutely adores cluedo and scrabble.
From Herbert and Friends.



This sweet little print called Red Flowers is by Samantha of Matou en Peluche (which means plush tomcat). I really like the smudgey colour. It would look lovely in a simple black frame.



Is this Bee Mini Art Doll the cutest thing you've ever seen? It would have to be close. These felted cuties are by fing, and I can say first hand that they are well made and goegeous. I bought a little cat called Thomas the Tiny Cat from fing last year, and I recently gave him to my goddaughter because she loved him and I felt a bit silly owning him as a grown woman!
.