Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Girls' Day Out: Gallery > Lunch > Bookshop

20 March 2009


My friend Donna and I had a great girls' day out yesterday. First stop was the Art Gallery of NSW to see the Archibald Prize (Portrait), Wynne Prize (Landscape), and Sulman Prize (Subject, Genre or Mural), exhibitions. They were fantastic. The photos were taken surreptitiously on my iphone.

The gigantic red crocheted work above reminded me of the work of Emily Barletta, which I blogged about yesterday.

After the gallery we enjoyed Japanese ramen and tofu for lunch (it looks a bit disgusting and oily in the photo, but it wasn't at all). Delicious! And then on to the fabulous Kinokuniya bookshop for a browse. And all this in the company of a gorgeous friend and kindrid spirit.

Taking some time out from the stress and frantic pace of everyday life is such a nice thing to do for yourself every once in a while. It was such a treat. After my day out I feel like I've had a week off.