Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Magazines, Magazines Everywhere

21 January 2009

I have a bit of a problem with my magazines. I have too many. I love them. I want to keep them all, but I'm running out of space.

There are a lot of mags that have so much inspiration on every page that I really don't want to cut them up. (I do cut and recycle the ones that aren't full of great stuff) I find that I am always referring to them for different reasons. What if I cut out all the things I want to keep today and recycle the rest... then next week/next year I want to find reference for bathroom renovations (I wish!), or a particular colour scheme or motif? I know things go out of style, but there's always inspiration to be found.

I am not a hoarder of anything - generally I'm a great 'chucker' - but magazines are an issue for me. These photos only show about half of my current collection. What do you do with your magazines? Katie blogged about her solution this week here.

Below is a stylish and simple magazine rack designed by Shigeichiro Takeuchi. It looks like the ingenious design allows you to easily remove a mag from the bottom of the stack. Unfortunately I'd need quite a few of these to house my current collection.

Found via Spoon & Tomago