Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

To Restore or Not to Restore...

20 November 2008


This is my market find of the year.

How great is that?! And to think I was initially unsure whether to buy it or not. I'm so glad I did. It's in pretty good shape, but here's my dilemma... do I sand it back and do a basic restoration, or keep it in its rustic state? I'm really torn about what to do.

Since I took the photos I have removed the white remnants of some old stickers you can see on the right hand side of some of the drawers. I'm going to line the draws with some vintage wallpaper and of course replace the labels on the draws with my own. The previous owner stored some interesting things in there:
Suitcase wheels and towing straps
Sanding discs
Scrap plastic fly screens
Shoe repair accessories
Furniture rests
Roller blind drop cords
Scrap aluminium, lead and brass
My labels will be more like: japanese paper, cut hearts, vintage collage pieces, vintage ephemera.

So what do you think? Restore it or not?


--------------------------------------------------