Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

I *Heart* Fridays: I *Heart* etsy

03 October 2008

One of the biggest time wasters for me is looking around etsy. I LOVE etsy. It's incredibly easy to spend a lot of time looking at the wonderful work of so many indie artists and crafters. I do find though that things are often priced too cheaply. The etsy marketplace is very competitive, and I know first hand how difficult it is to price your own art - and I love a bargain! - but I think a lot of the time people are doing themselves and each other a disservice. The intrinsic value of a handcrafted piece is undermined when the price point is too low. And of course the creator is not being reimbursed any where near adequately for their time and talent.

Below are some etsy things that I *heart* at the moment.

Clockwise from top left:
Sometimes of the Land print from My Folk Lover. See more here.
Pocketbook from Little Paper Bird. See more here.
Tree and Bird from Brenda Rose.
See more here.
Little Bird Cages
from Mummy Sam.
See more here.
Two Teas limited edition print from Betsy Walton See more here.
Anemone Outline Hoop Earrings from Abigail Percy
. (I really, really want these... maybe one day!) See more here.

Happy Friday!
-----------------------------------------------------------