Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

another year

26 August 2008

This is my birthday week - another year has passed in a flash. I've never had a thing about birthdays or age, but I think this year maybe I do. I feel like there is so much that I want to do, see, learn and accomplish and the days and weeks and years are just flying by. It's especially true when you have a little person in your life who grows and changes literally every day. Roxy celebrates every month that she is closer to being 5: "Am I still four and a half mum?" she asks. Today I said "No, you are four and three quarters now". I can't think of many things that would excite her more. Except perhaps if I told her she could have lollies instead of dinner tonight. In total contrast, right up until the day of my birthday I'll be thinking that I am the age I turned last year.

That's me on the right in the mauve jumper and the yellow crepe paper hat, both of which were made by my mum.
-----------------------------------------------------